How to Install
How to Uninstall
Message Inspector - Sendmail Log Analyzer ReadMe File
How to Use
The Message Inspector v4.x - Sendmail Log Analyzer (AKA MI/SLA) is comprised of two executables:
The first is the Sendmail Log Analyser v1.3.2 (sma.exe) written by Jarkko Turkulainen. It is a DOS executable that when provided with the appropriate information and/or switches will analyze Sendmail log files and produce a nice summary of mail activity. Sendmail Log Analyser (sma.exe) is protected by Copyright (c) 2000, 2001, 2002 Jarkko Turkulainen. All rights reserved. Please read the enclosed copyright file contained within the sma-1.3.2-win32.zip file for further information.
The second is the Message Inspector v4.x - Sendmail Log Analyzer (misla.exe) written by Commodon Communications. It offers a GUI 'front-end' to the Sendmail Log Analyser (sma.exe) with a set of switches to produce HTML or ASCII reports. Message Inspector v4.x - Sendmail MTA Log Analyzer (misla.exe) is protected by Copyright (c) 2003 Commodon Communications. All rights reserved. Please read the enclosed license.txt file for further information.
Message Inspector v4.x - Sendmail Log Analyzer supports all language versions of:
Windows 2000 Professional or Server
Windows NT4 Workstation or Server
Windows XP Professional or Home Edition
To install Message Inspector v4.x - Sendmail Log Analyzer, simply run the setup.exe file. For reference, the following files are distributed with this release:
How to Use
1. Run Message Inspector v4.x - Sendmail Log Analyzer.
2. Select the directory containing the Sendmail Log Files.
3. Select one or more log files from the list. To select one log file, simply highlight the file and click OK. To select two or more log files, simultaneously press either the CTRL or SHIFT key, select the log files and click OK.
4. The selected log files will then be appended together.
5. Using switches passed to the Sendmail Log Analyzer (sma.exe), it will either produce a file called report.html or report.txt.
6. Lastly either Notepad or Internet Explorer will open and display the resultant report file for review.
1. If the logs.txt file is larger than 30MB, the resultant report will be saved in ASCII format (report.txt) and not in HTML format.
To uninstall Message Inspector v4.x - Sendmail Log Analyzer, you may either click the uninstall application included in the Program Group or Add Remove Program Files applet within the Control Panel.
While every effort has been made to ensure that MI/SLA is simple to use, we understand that there may be a need to ask a question or request support. If so, please send an email to email@example.com or visit our website at http://www.commodon.com/support
v1.2 Written to support MI v4.2 on Windows 2000
v1.1 Added ASCII report functionality
V1.0 Initial Release
17 Keswick Street, Suite #6
Boston, MA 02215-3737 USA
Our website is http://www.commodon.com